Monday, October 16, 2017

The FIVE-year-old

This week has been a lot of bit legendary! On P-day last week we put a gentleman on date who has been taking the lessons for A LONG TIME! He’s had trouble with Coffee, and smoking cigars. 
But he’s finally clean. And he is set to be baptized on the 4th of next month. We are super excited. We also put a a boy on baptism right after thanksgiving! He’s 14 and a total stud. 
He actually reminds me a lot of my little brother.....like. A LOT. So it’s been weird and cool working and teaching him. 

We also had Friday the 13th in October!!!!! The day I’ve been waiting for! I was so excited. And to celebrate. Our ZL’s decided to break into our apartment while we were gone and steal all of our lightbulbs. Yay! 😡 
And then to top off the celebration we accidentally flooded our kitchen! What an amazing day! 

Lol! It was actually pretty funny! And I can’t believe the transfer is almost over. I feel like I just got here. But apparently It’s almost done. 

You guys. We had a dinner appointment with a legendary family. We first show up, I introduce myself and go through that whole process, and then this little 5 year old boy asks me if i want to play checkers with him. Now, you have to understand. I was expecting to play a casual game of checkers, and them let him win. But when we got all set up, and he played his first move, I knew he knew what was up. This little boy straight wrecked me in checkers. I mean just obliterated me. 
Then his dad (who is one of those smarty people) proceeded to tell me how this 5 year old son of his LETS his dad win in chess. This kid is so good. He LETS his dad win. What the heck? Who is this kid? It gets better. 
I start just kinda strumming a song on the ukulele. And this boy jumps up and grabs this mini cello. Listens for a bit, and starts playing with me. 
I lost it. I couldn’t even handle it. 
Here is the frosting on the cake. After dinner and desert. We do our dinner message, and his mom asks this boy. “Evan can go finish up the dishes really quick?” 
“Yes mother.” 
Gets up and does the dishes. 
This kid is 5!!!!!
I couldn’t even handle it anymore. This kid was nuts. It was super cool. 
I’ll try and get a picture with him. Because he’s super little. And doesn’t even look 5. 
And I’ll send it next week. 

I know that our Heavenly Father has given each one of us talents and abilities and also weaknesses and struggles. And I know that as we develop our talents and share them with others it will help those overcome their struggles in life. One of my favorites parts of being a missionary is seeing people overcome their problems and turn to help others with theirs. 
It’s so incredible to see. 

I love you all and have a fabulous week. 

-Elder Cody Poppleton 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.

    corporate parties Anchorage

    ReplyDelete