Monday, March 27, 2017

Search, Ponder, and Pray

Hey, so this week has been totally crazy!!
P-day was typical. We got all of our errands and stuff done and went
and tried to lose as much Alaskan weight as we can playing basketball.
Missionary ball is way fun.
Elder Hunter and I remembered that we made a goal to knock a certain
amount of doors this transfer. And we have hardly done half of them.
And the transfer is almost over, so we have been busting our butts
knocking on doors.
We got so caught up on visiting with investigators and struggling
members. Which is also good.
This Transfer has flown by. Elder Hunter is a stud missionary, and I
hope that I can serve another transfer with him here in the North
Anchorage YSA. I LOVE the YSA. Haha they are some of my best friends.
One of our members here who is in the military is taking of to ranger
school on Tuesday and its been cool developing a relationship with him
over these last 4 months or so.
I had the opportunity to serve in the hmong branch for a day. And that
was so much fun. I got to learn a little bit of language. (Like, i
know how to say, hello, how are you?)
The hmong people are so cool. Elder Lor and I had some fun and we made
a sweet album cover photo in front of the Anchorage temple. I love
that kid.
There are all kinds of hidden treasures here in Alaska. Heck. Alaska
in itself is a hidden treasure.
What a beautiful place our father in heaven has created for us.

I also got a call this week from some Elders serving in a different
ward telling me how Elder Hunter and I needed to come to a dinner
appointment with them. Confused I asked them why. And they told me
that the members we were going to be eating with were the aunt and
uncle to one of friends....they said "I think their last name is
Macdonald" well at that moment I totally freaked out in excitement.
Because Justin Macdonald has been one of my best friends since i was
like 8. So I get to eat dinner with his Uncle and Aunt this Friday and
I am so excited!
It was just in the knick of time too....because transfer calls are
also this Friday. And there is chance I might be getting transferred
to a new area. It is super stressful because of all of the
possibilities. There's like a 90% chance I am leaving and a 10% chance
i am going to stay for another 6 weeks.
I also had a very sad experience this week.
Out Bishop told us we needed to go visit a less active member and so
on our way to see him later that week, we looked at his record and saw
that he was endowed and that he had also served a mission. We knocked
on his door and his friend answered the door, saw us, and turned to
the member we were looking for and just started laughing.
The member walked up and started talking to us about he is now an
atheist. Because there was a lack of scientific evidence of a God.
My heart has never been so broken.
And this is because he went to the internet instead of the scriptures.
I have such a strong testimony and knowledge of scripture study.
As I study the scriptures my love for savior grows. I understanding of
the teaching of Christ expands exponentially.
Blessing come from scripture study.
I had a question. And it was how could I improve my teaching.
I turned to the stories of Ammon. And Ammon was master teacher.  I
love how he uses service. Well that day we had an opportunity to serve
and it was a gateway. It allowed a friendship and trust to grow and we
taught.
One of my favorite quotes that is as cliche as it comes
"If you want to talk to God..pray. And if you want God to talk to
you...study the scriptures"
That couldn't be any more simple. And it couldn't be more true.
I can promise anyone who reads this, as a representative of Jesus
Christ, as you study and ponder the scriptures, any question you have
can be answered through the scripture.

I love you all
-Elder Poppleton







No comments:

Post a Comment