Monday, January 9, 2017

TWO MONTHS TODAY!

TRANSFERS!

We got our transfer calls on Friday, and I will continue to stay in the YSA ward with Elder Brock.  So in 6 weeks, I get to send him home, and get a new companion.  It’s crazy to think I already have two months under my belt. It feels
like I just reported to the MTC a few days ago…crikey.  So this last transfer has been really hard, we white washed into an area where the ward lost sight of the missionaries purpose and they didn't really trust us at first.

The teaching pool was gigantic when we came in, but we have dropped every    single one of those investigators because they weren’t progressing and they were converted to the sister missionaries, not converted to the Lord, and that was hard. It was so hard and very sad for me dropping those investigators.
So we have been doing a lot of tracting, and a lot of street contacting. Basically we just OYM all the time.  This week our work has paid off. The Lord has blessed us with a lot of referrals and a contact.

We met a man named Chris Jenkins, who knows more about the Bible than
anyone I've ever met and we are teaching him. He has A LOT of questions.  There are several other people we are teaching who have a lot of questions also. It’s amazing to see how much the Lord helps, but after we do all we can.  

This is our squad. I'm very close with these two elders.  We had to say goodbye to Elder Vue. He got transferred to Valdez, but Elder Lo comes in on Wednesday from the MTC, and Elder Frey is going to train him. It’s going to be rad.

I love you all.  And please send me an email, I want to hear from all of you. Not even kidding. Send me an email, talk to me.

Many are cold but few are frozen.

Love you all,


Elder Poppleton


No comments:

Post a Comment