Monday, January 23, 2017

The Power of The Spirit!

So normally I would just write about my previous week...but to be
honest...I have no idea what has happened this week, and what has
happened prior, because everything is going by so fast its all
starting to blend together.
Also, I cant remember what I have and haven't told all of you. So if I
repeat anything, y'all can just skip over it.
Anyways, this ward is AWESOME!!!!! There is a lot of military here in
Anchorage, and a lot of the YSA are military, and it's awesome. So My
companion and I have to go on base a lot to go see them.
We are getting really close to these people, and knowing that
eventually I'm going to have to leave makes me kind of sad, but that's
ok. Elder Brock goes home before I'm going to leave this area, so he
has more to worry about than I do.
The sun actually stays up for more than 15 seconds now, so that's a
blessing. Our days get 6 minutes longer every day. Its super rad!
There were several times this week, where we were in a lesson or in a
meeting and the spirit was like Yo, Elder Poppleton, and then
continued to tell me to do something that is incredibly awkward and
strange. But I'm the master of awkward these days....and miracles
happen.
We were with a borderline less active this week, and the spirit was
like Yo, Elder Poppleton....and I just said ok. And you'll never guess
what I did.....yep....I related the gospel to muscles....again.
And it was super awkward because what I was saying didn't make any
sense....at least to me...but he LOVED it. And it made perfect sense
to him. And my mind was blown.
It really taught me that missionaries aren't the teachers. The spirit is.
The things the spirit does blows my mind.
Without the spirit I literally cant do a single thing as a missionary,
or as a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I can testify of the power of the spirit. It can teach us, guide us,
comfort us, and protect us.
Without the spirit we are more vulnerable to temptations of the adversary.
Satan will tell us 100 truths just to sneak in one lie.
And that's scary. So be aware of the spirit, throughout the entire day.

That's my two cents.

I love you all,


-Elder Poppleton


Elder Frey being himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment